Bronze sculpture of a little girl on a bicycle.
L. Umerez | 2006
alfa arte eibar
Juegos infantiles / Children's Games
Along the main street of Cruce de Arinaga are ten sculptures of children playing various games, all made by the sculptors Diego Cruz and Lourdes Umerez from Alfa Arte in Eibar, Spain:
North side, east to west
- Niñas jugando al Pañuelo / Girls Playing with a Scarf, by Diego Cruz.
- Niños jugando al coro / Children Dancing Around, by Lourdes Umerez.
- Niños jugando Canicas / Boys Playing Marbles, by Diego Cruz.
- Niña con patines / Girl on Roller Skates, by Diego Cruz.
- Niño con sancheski / Boy on a Skateboard, by Diego Cruz.
South side, west to east
- Niños jugando al Futbol / Boys Playing Soccer, by Lourdes Umerez.
- Niños jugando a piola / Boys playing Leapfrog, by Diego Cruz.
- Niño en la carrera de sacos / Sack Race Boy, by Lourdes Umerez.
- Niños en el columpio / Children on a Swing, by Lourdes Umerez.
- Niña en Bicicleta / Girl on a Bicycle, by Lourdes Umerez.
Click here for a interactive map with the locations of the sculptures.
- Lourdes Umérez Arregi (1965),
Spanish-Basque sculptor of the Alfa Arte group in Eibar, Gipuzkoa
(Website Alfa Arte).
Sources & Information
Location N 27°52'38" W 15°25'38"
Item Code: esca065; Photograph: 5 January 2015
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt