Three statues (from polyester? and or metal) on metal poles, representing:
- (center): Abbot Wilhelm von Hirsau (c. 1030 - 1091), aenedictine abbot and monastic reformer. He was abbot of Hirsau Abbey, for whom he created the Constitutiones Hirsaugienses, based on the uses of Cluny, and was the father of the Hirsau Reforms
- (left): General Ezéchiel du Mas, comte de Mélac (Sainte-Radegonde c. 1630 - Paris 1704), career soldier in the French army under King Louis XIV and war minister Louvois; he burned the monasty in 1689 during the Palatine war of succession (Wikipedia).
- (right): "Rockerbraut" (rocker chick)
Ezéchiel du Mas, comte de Mélac, setting fire to the monastery.
Abt Wilhelm von Hirsau, with monks in his arms, and one on his back
Rocker chick, driving away from the town an its history
The metal work is done blacksmith Peter Klink.
- Peter Lenk (Nürnberg 1947),
German sculptor of Bodman-Ludwigshafen
Sources & Information
Location (N 48°44'10" - E 8°44'8")
Item Code: debw155; Photograph: 19 April 2012
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt