Four stone statues on the top of the façade of the town hall, from left to right:
- Justice: Woman with sword and scales.
- Courage: Woman in armour.
- Wisdom: Woman with snake.
- Prudence: Woman pouring water from a jar into a cup.
On the central part of the façade are coloured reliefs:
- Above the central window: Coat of arms of České Budějovice.
- Above the town's coat or arms: Coat of arms of Bohemia.
- Left: Coat of arms of Moravia.
- Right: Coat of arms of Silesia.
- Far Left: Courage: Relief with horse and fire.
- Far Right: Loyalty: Relief with soldier and fire.
The statues are sculpted by Josef Dietrich.
P.S. 12 September 2012 was a rainy day... The photos are therefore not as good as usual.
- Josef Dietrich, sculptor from České Budějovice.
Location (N 48°58'27" - E 14°28'23")
Item Code: czjc012; Photograph: 12 September 2012
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt