Relief portraits of Christopher Columbus and sir Francis Drake in the façade.
The house Columbushof (Columbus Court) is built in the second half of the 19th century on Columbusplatz (Columbus Square). At this square begins the Columbusgasse (Columbus Street, with a mosaik), named 1 December 1864. The Columbusplatz dates probably from the same year, although there is no official decision for this name.
Sources & Information
Felix Czeike, Historisches Lexikon Wien in 5 Bänden. Band 1 [A-Da]. Wien: Kremayr & Scheriau, 1992. p. 588, s.v. Columbusgasse, Columbushof, and Columbusplatz.