Heiligenstatuen an der Prandtauerkirche
Saint Statues at the Prandtauer Church
The construction of a Carmelite monastery and church built 1707/1708-1712 according to the plans of the Order Architect of the Carmelites, Martin Witwer. Probably on the intervention of the imperial house a highly baroque revision of the plans took place by the sculptor and master builder Matthias Steinl. The construction was commissioned to the Baroque master builder Jakob Prandtauer. In 1782, the monastery and the church were professed. In 1934, the architect Rudolf Wondracek reconstructed the original state of the church and it was re-consecrated in 1935.
S. IOSEPH C. PROTECTOR CARMELI
St. Joseph patron of the Carmelites
(Hebrew יוֹסֵף, "Yosef"; Greek: Ἰωσήφ), the husband of the Virgin Mary and the earthly father of Jesus Christ (in distinction to God, his "heavenly father") (Wikipedia).
Husband of the Virgin Mary and the earthly father of Jesus Christ (in distinction to God, his "heavenly father") (Wikipedia).
St. Mary with Child
S. THERESIA V. RESTAVRATRIX CARMELI
St. Theresia reformer of the Carmelites
St. Theresia of Avila
born Teresa Sánchez de Cepeda y Ahumada (Gotarrendura, Ávila 1515 - 1582), prominent Spanish mystic, Carmelite nun
Sources & Information
Location N 48°12'15" E 15°37'21"
Item Code: atno019; Photograph: 18 September 2016
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt